The International High School of New Orleans is an International Baccalaureate Institution that offers grades 9th – 12th. As a Type 2 Charter School, enrollment is open to all Louisiana residents. Admission is limited on a first-come, first-serve basis to students. The school is committed to equality of educational opportunity. The International High School of New Orleans does not discriminate in offering access to quality educational programs and activities on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. The Head of School has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the school’s non-discrimination policies.
- International High School of New Orleans (IHSNO) is a public, college preparatory charter school open to all Louisiana residents. Prospective students in Orleans Parish should apply to IHSNO through the OneApp process.
- International High School of New Orleans does not process applications or make decisions concerning placement. Students are assigned schools using the city-wide enrollment system, EnrollNOLA. EnrollNOLA manages the OneApp application process where students receive a single school placement.
NOTE: Families should NOT submit an application for the 2018-2019 school year if they would like to continue attending their current school. If a family submits a OneApp and receives a placement at one of their school choices, their child will lose their seat at their current school.
- Families should submit a OneApp if they are applying to a New Orleans participating school for the first time, or would like to apply to transfer from their current school.
- Families in transitional grades (kindergarten and rising 9th, for example), must submit a Main Round application.
- Main Round Launch – Week of November 1, 2016
- Early Window of Main Round Closes – December 16, 2016
- Main Round Deadline to submit applications – February 24, 2017
- Main Round Placement Results – Early April 2017
- Main Round results will be announced in early April 2017
- Families can access the placement results on the EnrollNOLA online portal
- Families will receive an email from EnrollNOLA at the email address they provided on their child’s OneApp form. If you do not receive your results, please call or visit aFamily Resource Center
- Families should expect to receive communication from IHSNO confirming their student’s placement (via phone, email, and mail) within a week of the EnrollNOLA placement results release
- Round 2 Launch – late April 2017
- Round 2 Deadline to submit applications – late May 2017
- Round 2 Placement Results – late June 2017
The following process must be followed in order to be considered for admission to IHSNO:
From November2,2016 – February 24, 2017 (Rl)and April 17”’ 2017 (R2)the applicant’s parent or guardian should complete an online OneApp application at www.enrollnola.org to be assigned to our school regardless of the parish of residency;
Notification of placement goes out on the week of April 10* (Rl) and May 12”’ (R2);
Open House/ School Tour
The applicant’s parent or guardian must schedule and attend an open house or school tour
Both the applicant and parent/guardian should attend a pre-orientation and submit the required documents to complete registration
Failure to complete registration will put your child’s seat at risk.
Admission is subject to OneApp placement and completion of the previously outlined steps
The registration packet should be thoroughly completed. Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
To ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner, please verify that you have included the following documents:
2017-2018 IHSNO Registration Packet (will be available after the OneApp Main Round Placement results are announced)
2017-2018 IHSNO Health Packet (will be available after the OneApp Main Round Placement results are announced)