The International High School of New Orleans is an International Baccalaureate Institution that offers grades 9th – 12th. As a Type 2 Charter School, enrollment is open to all Louisiana residents. Admission is limited on a first-come, first-serve basis to students. The school is committed to equality of educational opportunity. The International High School of New Orleans does not discriminate in offering access to quality educational programs and activities on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. The Head of School has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the school’s non-discrimination policies.
Who can enroll?
- International High School of New Orleans (IHSNO) is a public, college preparatory charter school open to all Louisiana residents. Prospective students in Orleans Parish should apply to IHSNO through the OneApp process.
- International High School of New Orleans does not process applications or make decisions concerning placement. Students are assigned schools using the city-wide enrollment system, EnrollNOLA. EnrollNOLA manages the OneApp application process where students receive a single school placement.
NOTE: Families should NOT submit an application for the 2017-2018 school year if they would like to continue attending their current school. If a family submits a OneApp and receives a placement at one of their school choices, their child will lose their seat at their current school.
Who needs to apply?
- Families should submit a OneApp if they are applying to a New Orleans participating school for the first time, or would like to apply to transfer from their current school.
- Families in transitional grades (kindergarten and rising 9th, for example), must submit a Main Round application.
What are the application window timelines?
- You can apply during the Main Round Application Window
- Main Round Launch – Week of November 1, 2016
- Early Window of Main Round Closes – December 16, 2016
- Main Round Deadline to submit applications – February 24, 2017
- Main Round Placement Results – Early April 2017
Where can I apply?
- Applications for the upcoming school year (2017-2018) will be available:
*Beginning November 2016, the application process will be online only.
How and when will I be notified of my child’s placement at IHSNO once results are available?
- Main Round results will be announced in early April 2017
- Families can access the placement results on the EnrollNOLA online portal
- Families will receive an email from EnrollNOLA at the email address they provided on their child’s OneApp form. If you do not receive your results, please call or visit aFamily Resource Center
- Families should expect to receive communication from IHSNO confirming their student’s placement (via phone, email, and mail) within a week of the EnrollNOLA placement results release
What can I do if I miss the Main Round deadline or did not get placed at the school of my choice?
- If you missed the Main Round, you should participate in the Round 2 application process
- Round 2 Launch – late April 2017
- Round 2 Deadline to submit applications – late May 2017
- Round 2 Placement Results – late June 2017
What are the next steps to complete registration once my child has been assigned to IHSNO?
- In order to complete registration, both you and your child must submit all documents required for registration. We will have a pre-orientation scheduled for you to drop off documents and to discuss IHSNO’s mission and vision, academic expectations, graduation requirements, culture and climate guidelines, and fees.
What documents are needed to complete registration?
- Please see the Registration Checklist under “IHSNO Forms” for all documents we need from you to complete registration. In addition to the documents listed in the Registration Checklist, the IHSNO Registration Packet and Health Forms must be submitted to complete registration.
2017-2018 IHSNO Registration Packet (will be available after the OneApp Main Round Placement results are announced)
2017-2018 IHSNO Health Packet (will be available after the OneApp Main Round Placement results are announced)
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Phone: (504) 613-5702 or (504) 613-5703
Spring Open House
Your passport to success is here! If you are exploring your
academic options, come to our fall open house! Visit us and learn about the
growth that takes place in our organization and the application process to
become part of our community. We participate in the OneApp process
and applications launch in November. Don’t miss this opportunity and let
us walk you through the application process. October 26th is the date! This
is only one session starting at 5:00 PM. Register to attend Spring Open
Fall Shadow Days
Register your student to experience IHSNO first hand in our classrooms. Your student will be able to attend half a day of classes on a Wednesday. Click here to register
For a better service, respect instructional time and minimize distractions, please register to one of our campus tours HERE:
For further information email us to email@example.com